The Invest in Education Foundation is a research and policy not-for-profit 501(C)(3) and publicly-supported organization with a mission of promoting improvement in K-12 education, increasing educational choice, and working to close gaps in educational achievement. Our activities include research and events to educate the public and advocacy (under the “h” election) in support of legislation consistent with our mission.
- Thomas W. Carroll, President
- Peter Murphy, Vice President for Policy
- Michael J. Strianese, CFO & COO
Board of Directors
- Kathleen M. Christy, Former Executive Director of BISON Fund in Buffalo.
- Anthony J. de Nicola, Co-President, Welsh-Carson and board member of Inner-City Scholarship Fund.
- Robert Flanigan, Partner with educate LLC
- Julio Fuentes President and CEO, Hispanic Council for Reform and Educational Options.
- Robert P. George, Princeton University professor who holds the celebrated McCormick
- Chair in Jurisprudence, a presidential appointee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights.
- Susan George, Executive Director of Inner-City Scholarship Fund.
- Roger Hertog, President of Hertog Foundation, Inc., Vice Chairman Emeritus of AllianceBernstein LP.
- John Kirtley, Vice Chairman of the Alliance for School Choice and the American Federation for Children, led the passage of Tax Scholarship Credits in Florida.
- Bruce Kovner, Chairman of Juilliard School, Chairman of Caxton Alternative
- Management, Chairman of Kovner Foundation.
- Emmett McGroarty, Executive Director of the Preserve Innocence Project, focused on parental rights, student privacy, and curricular reform.
- Timothy McNiff, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York.
- Robert Pedersen, Partner with Bryan Cave LLP and member of the Lawyers’ Committee for the Archdiocese of New York.
- Yossi Prager, Executive Director for North America of the AVI CHAI Foundation.
- Rabbi Meir Soloveichik, Director of the Straus Center for Torah and Western Thought at
- Yeshiva University, Associate Rabbi at Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun in Manhattan, and teacher of Senior Honors Talmud and Jewish Philosophy at Ramaz.
- Thomas J. Tisch, Managing Partner of Four Partners and Chancellor of Brown University.
The Invest In Education Foundation is a tax-exempt, public charity organized as a 501(c)(3). Upon request, a person may obtain from the Invest In Education Foundation or from the attorney general, a copy of the last financial report filed by the Foundation with the attorney general.
Internal Revenue Service Form 990s for Organization Exempt From Income Tax are available by request from the following:
- Invest In Education Foundation 26 Century Hill Drive, Suite 203 Latham, NY 12110
- Attorney General, Charities Bureau 120 Broadway, Room 3-167 New York, NY 10271